Friday, November 03, 2006

Thank God for mothers though they could be pain in the ass but they mean well and will always be there for you through thick and thin.My mummy called me yesterday to asked after my well being and to tell me one of my aunty's daughter is getting married next month and she want me to make out time for that as her side of the family have concluded that i dont feel as if i belong to them and i told her i will see what i can do to make it a day.Yorubas and our funning culture,must i be involved in all family functions and of what use will that be to me,afterall its another cost centre which brings no benefit than just to be buying Aso-ebi which drains pocket and showing off is not my way of life.We gisted for a while and she ended it by telling me that her friend- my friend's mother is happy about the development between her son and myself and she wish we can solidify the family friendship.I told her the guy is my friend and will remain as one and whatever we have between us is strictly our business and they should stop pushing us.She just said i dont know how she feel when she remember my situation as if iam sick and it always pains her to see me living like an island and if i think she will never support my illicit affair with another woman husband and if i think i can have my way,i should know that her God will never bless it and she dropped in annoyance.

I couldnt sleep for sometime after our conversation and i began to wonder why all this hassle,yes its good to be married at my age but its not a do or die affair and i think i should know what i want and shouldnt be force to make do with what i get.When my friend called me later in the night,i couldnt hide my feeelings but to tell him what transpire between my mother and i and he was like mothers especially are like that and he get that from his mother too despite the fact the he has not formally divorce his wife.We laughed over it and i felf a lot better and slept off.

No comments: