Monday, November 27, 2006

Since i made my diary public,i have received quite a lot of response-some especially from my married friends are bad and you could feel their anger,they called me unprintable names but i do understand them and i guess i could do same if iam in their positions.While most men and i think single ladies too see it differently which i can understand as well and i really appreciate all your comments.I must not forget to thank guys who write me beautiful poems and letters to express their feeling and how they could give me better deal than iam getting without knowing me and of course,women who volunteer to link me up with their brothers and uncles -I thank you all and appreciate all your support.

I was able to do some soul searching as advised over the weekend to see where i have gone wrong and how i ended up being an old lady.I could remember my parent warning after my school certificate that education is the key and with the right education and job-man will crawl at your feet(old school story) and dont let any man derail your future and i took it too far.As soon as i got to the university,i became a triangular student and the only outside dealing was church and you can trust that they will feed you all the righteous things a christian should do and i wasnt into men till i got to Graduate school and it was disasterous as i had all the old school rules and could not fit in.Before i knew it,every man i come in contact with see me as difficult as i didnt have that feminine touch.I tried to change but you know old habit die hard and age is not on my side and guys are intimidated by my profile and the few that show interest are out to gain something and i got scared as some see me as their meal ticket which i refused to be as i work hard to get to where iam.I would not blame my parent as they want the best for me but i think parent need to teach their kids more than that because realities of today goes more than having education.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sisibaby,
I just read your last entry and I truly understand where you are coming from. I am 35yrs, well educated with a well-paid job and still single. I have never been a mistress but I have seen the trap many lady friends fall into by dating married men and believe me it is not worth it in the long term. Life as a single mature woman is not easy but remember that you are not in control of your destiny- that honour belongs to our Creator alone. So just relax and enjoy life, everything will work out for the best.

Anonymous said...

Even though i may not be as old as u are, i sometimes feel the heat and pressure of not not being married from both my parents and my married friends so i totally feel ur pain.

I cannot judge u based on ur decision to date a married man... thats totally btwn u and God. However i do appreciate ur brutal honesty on the isssue and i've enjoyed reading ur posts... so keep it coming!