Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I got home last night only to see my mother at the gate and was like why is she behaving like motherhen.Iam an adult and for Christ sake i don’t need all that,I deserve to have my space but welcome her all the same.She says she misses me and since we never had time together during the festive period,she decided to come and spend three days with me and i was like yee this woman has come again but will not give her the face to start all that her talk-I need to be left alone to chart the course of my life.She came with her special delicacies that can last till God knows when,since i hardly take heavy food in the night but i thank her for the gesture.

After she rested,she stated her discussions with all the owambe she attended with her friends-who and who got wedded as if thats was the only thing that happened in my absence and pray that this year will be mine and she will see all her grandchildren before she goes beyond as if she already know when she will die.I refused to show interest and she progressed by asking after my oga as if she cares and i said i guess he is fine since i know that will suit her and it means i have not seen him for a while.If she think she is smart,i will play along with her.She tactically asked after my friend and that the mother said we were in UK together and that i just stepped out when he called her-imagine that nonsense.I just told her i needed to rest as i wasnt feeling well and have an appointment with a client somewhere very early next day-What a narrow escape from her interview and as i was just jubilating over that,my phone rang and guess who called?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that your mum, old fashioned as you may think she is, may actually have some wisdom that you can borrow? Maybe you should open up to her a little and see where that leads you. You must know that all she wants for you is the best. At the end of the day, you are the way that will be grey and unhappy, no matter what lies you and that 50something lady have managed to brainwash yourself with, when at 70 you are all alone waiting for your Oga's wife to release him. Get a hold of your life o. no one knows it all. Ti omode ba lasho bi agba, ko le lakisa bi tie o. Abo oro lahun so fun omo lu abi, to ba denu, afi ko ya di odidi o.