Friday, January 12, 2007

My friend called from Dubai that day to say hello and also to ask me to do something for him but wasn’t comfortable discussing anything personal with him because my mother was there and iam too sure she was all ear and just pretended as if she was doing other things. I was just answering yes and no, which wasn’t okay for the discussion but I didn’t want her to add up things from my response. After about five minutes, I guess he knew I wasn’t communicating properly and now asked if he should call next day, which I gladly said yes. I just went straight to bed thereafter, as I knew she would want to hear something, which I wasn’t ready to go into.

As soon as I got in yesterday, my dear mummy face was just up and that means she was ready to face me and had to bring mine down as we cant continue to be playing hide and seek game and since we never really sat down to talk like mother and daughter since she arrived, I owed her that. I started playing my good girl by asking her if we could go for a drink at Ikoyi Club, which she rejected instantly, ordinarily, she will love that. She said she is in my house to relax and spend quality time with me and realised that I was avoiding her because I feel she is intruding into my affairs but she mean well and that she will not leave me alone until I do the proper thing i.e.get married and have kids. That she understand that we cant all have it same way but civilization can not change a woman role in Africa setting and no matter who iam, its nothing if I don’t have a crown-okay now and she just started crying.

I allowed her to cry if that will relief her and had to say something not to look insensitive. I told her I appreciate their effort but I cannot kill myself and since she does not want to hear anything about my oga (na blackmail) and her arrangee friend son situation is not clear to me and yet to get any other person, they should continue to pray and that iam positive this year will be my year !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Ya mama pack fiya come i c!! Gud luck. U seem to be holding ur down ur own. It will be ur year n mine too!!! Amen!!

Anonymous said...

okay, what do you think their prayers are going to do if you're not ready for a change? The Bible says that the word of God is not going to return to him void. You think he'll bring a good man your way, after the curse and wrath you've brought upon yourself from the lips of other women whose husbands you've snatched? No, he would not want to ruin a good man's life. You have to first be ready for a change by changing. Good Luck