Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Weekend was so hectic for me, had to go over to my folks place to try and explain things to them and how I need their cooperation over the development. My mom as usual was herself, telling me how I want to shortchange myself because I lost faith in the Lord and that some people are older than me and are still waiting on the lord and not getting desperate to marry a married man and was just pissed off with her though my father understand with me but he don’t seem to be able to convince mummy. I tried to correct her that my being with dear has nothing to be with desperation but mutual understanding and affection. After so much heated argument, she just said I should suit myself and since I said iam old enough to know what I want, then good luck to me but she will always be there for me and continue to pray for us. Well, I cannot refuse to grab my happiness because of my parent and really i do care for the man and he does same about me.I just dont know why good guys are already hooked up to someone.

My man later picked me up and my parent were like somehow cold to him and just answered him polite and left us in the sitting room but he said he understand their feelings and will come round when they realized he has good intention for me. On our way home, he casually said he had booked a table for us at a Lebanese restaurant in Ikeja and I just assumed he want to brighten me up after my parent stress but was surprise when we got there and met his 4 brothers and his sister, I just felt as if the ground should open up and swallow me. He introduced me to them as his special woman (I don’t know what that means) and he just want us to meet formally and since it’s going to be a lasting relationship, he thinks they must know me as his blood. I was just looking without knowing what to say. We chatted and got to know them properly and they also ask me whether I understand what their brother is offering me and ready to abide by his terms as his wife is dear to them and have no cause to do anything bad to her but must support their brother if that’s what he want and I just nodded.

No comments: